Patch Notes

Patch Notes

Postby CriticalHit » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:24 pm

These are the preliminary patch notes for the next patches.
Things may change during testing and development, but we will keep this post updated.
Full patch notes will be included when installing the patch on the PS3.

Patch 1.02 (ONLINE NOW!)

- ADDED: Antialiasing in both 720p and 1080p display modes
    - ADDED: Players can now continue the campaign from any level they have already finished, instead of only the last
    - ADDED: The maximum number of players in local and online play has been increased to 4
    - ADDED: New multiplayer maps supporting 4 players
    - ADDED: New 2 player cooperative map
    - ADDED: New option to disable edge scrolling when using the PlayStation Move controller
    - ADDED: Timers and counters in the editor can now be set to visible for specific teams
    - ADDED: Additional sound effects in the editor
    - ADDED: A lot of new country flags for the player profile

- CHANGE: Player units now only pursue nearby enemies up to 5 meters from the position ordered by the player, and return there after either killing the enemy or if they get too far
    - CHANGE: Cooperative maps are unlocked from the start
    - CHANGE: Fog of war is now animated and better looking
    - CHANGE: Player units in casual difficulty receive less damage
    - CHANGE: Players in casual difficulty receive double the gold from killing enemies
    - CHANGE: Unit level now affects skill cooldown
    - CHANGE: No longer necessary to reassign the navigation controller to slot 1
    - CHANGE: Improvements to deadzone handling
    - CHANGE: Bigger font for dialog balloons
    - CHANGE: General performance improvements and shorter load times
    - CHANGE: Unit balance adjustments
    - CHANGE: The first few levels of the game were rebalanced to make the game more accessible to new players

- FIX: Improvements to online performance
    - FIX: If the player loses a unit, restarting the level now correctly resets the "Survivalist" trophy

- Several minor adjustments and fixes

Patch 1.03 (Being worked on)

- ADDED: Map sharing feature
    - CHANGE: 720p video recording
CriticalHit

Re: Patch Notes

Postby FORMIK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Thanks for your continued work on the game and listening to the feedback of the players. I don't see any Move control changes. Will any be included?

When the update is released, can you give details about what has changed either through a one-time notice at the game menu, or through the "update history" option some PSN games use when pushing triangle on the game in the XMB?
FORMIK

Postby CriticalHit » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:31 pm

FORMIK wrote:Thanks for your continued work on the game and listening to the feedback of the players. I don't see any Move control changes. Will any be included?

When the update is released, can you give details about what has changed either through a one-time notice at the game menu, or through the "update history" option some PSN games use when pushing triangle on the game in the XMB?

Yes, an option to disable edge scrolling with Move will be included. Also, it will no longer be necessary to reassign the navigation controller to slot 1.

We will include the full final path notes when installing the patch on the PS3.
CriticalHit

Postby Gitaroo » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm

when is it out?
Gitaroo

Postby Eternal_Lord » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Keep up the great work. Glad to see you guys supporting the game.

I do have one concern though, and that's revolving around this particular change:
CHANGE: Enemy units in all difficulty levels no longer benefit from flanking or critical bonus (only affects single player)

I can understand toning down the difficulty and making other such improvements to make the game more accessible but I feel that flanking is an integral part of the gameplay and should affect both the AI as well as the player; it's part of what makes this game tactical and strategic. Perhaps you should apply this change only to the casual difficulty?
Eternal_Lord

Postby CriticalHit » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Gitaroo wrote:when is it out?

We are now testing the changes in order to submit it to Sony. As soon as we get a final date we will update the patch notes.

Eternal_Lord wrote:Keep up the great work. Glad to see you guys supporting the game.

I do have one concern though, and that's revolving around this particular change:
CHANGE: Enemy units in all difficulty levels no longer benefit from flanking or critical bonus (only affects single player)

I can understand toning down the difficulty and making other such improvements to make the game more accessible but I feel that flanking is an integral part of the gameplay and should affect both the AI as well as the player; it's part of what makes this game tactical and strategic. Perhaps you should apply this change only to the casual difficulty?

Our objective is to make the game more accessible without removing the challenge. This is something we are testing, and depending on the results we may push it down only to casual. After this patch we will be able to change a lot of things on the server without publishing a patch, so we will be able respond to community feedback a lot faster.
CriticalHit

Postby FORMIK » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:48 pm

I agree with the Eternal Lord about not disabling the enemies' benefits. Every other method of making the game more accessible sounds good, but this sounds like a compromise that goes against the way the game plays. I say let both me and the enemy benefit the same. This is coming from a player who will welcome the other difficulty changes. If you do it, please leave it at casual.

Regarding the Move controls: for a future update, will you consider either changing or making an option available to only rotate the camera with the trigger held down? My suggestion might not work with the calibration of the controls, but I would appreciate the option if it is possible.

Again, thanks for the direct communication and support of this fine game! I'm looking forward to the update and I hope news of DLC comes sometime this summer.
Last edited by FORMIK on Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FORMIK

Postby LoBridge » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Sounds like you have addressed all of my issues with the game so far! Can't wait to get the patch and get into the campaign in earnest! Thanks!
LoBridge

Postby Q_B » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:21 pm

I also agree with not changing normal and hard, regarding flanking & critical. Dumb down casual, leave normal and hard alone :)

All other changes are very welcome, specially making units not break rank, and continuing the campaign from any level already finished.

Congrats, keep up the good work, guys!
Q_B

Postby LonestarGoner » Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Excellent, good sense wins the day! An auto-win for those who have been bailed on in MP games. I knew someone at Seed Studios had some logical thinking skills.

If two people are boxing and one leaves the ring, the other is the winner - the runner is not simply given a loss and the other does not simply have to suck on it. I still can't believe this didn't make the original cut of the game, but it's coming soon and all good and honorable players will be grateful for it. Cowards lose, those who remain win the day - just as it is in life.

Thank you Seed Studios. I already have the online trophies so this is too little too late for me, but I am glad the benefit will be felt by others. That makes me a happy bear.
LonestarGoner

Next

Return to News and Announcements